Imagine sitting down over Thanksgiving dinner with your family and getting ready to bite into a delicious-looking turkey.
Now imagine that the turkey explodes without warning.
That is what happened as YouTube user Roman Atwood put together a Thanksgiving day prank at the dinner table.
Atwood and his girlfriend were in on the joke together as they hosted a Thanksgiving dinner for Atwood’s relatives. Atwood asks his father to do a prayer, and the main course explodes during the blessing; it hits the ceiling and leaves turkey bits all over the room — and all over those who were ready to eat.
Atwood thought it was funny; his family did not — at least not immediately. He uploaded a video of the prank to YouTube on Thursday, and it already has surpassed 4 million views.
A behind-the-scenes video shows he used parts from a steering wheel (those that deploy an airbag) to produce the explosion. He said a butter dish shattered and one of the legs on the table cracked due to the force of the burst.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development