Host Jimmy Fallon, actress Rashida Jones and country superstar Carrie Underwood kicked off the holiday season on Thursday night’s “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” with pop song parodies.
During a clearly pre-planned part of Jones’ interview, Fallon asked Jones if she would sing songs with him, either current hits or Christmas songs.
“Why not both?” Jones teased.
“Are you saying, change the words from popular songs to make them about Thanksgiving and also about Hanukkah and Christmas?” Fallon dramatically gasped.
They then launched into a duet of “Get Turkey,” a riff off Daft Punk’s “Get Lucky.”
Fallon and Jones continued with a musical montage parodying Katy Perry and Lorde, before Underwood joined them with holiday-themed lyrics from songs by Miley Cyrus, Icona Pop, Robin Thicke and The Lumineers.
‘Tis the season…for silliness.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon