We’re all aware of the dangers of social media.
It’s talked about nearly every day on the news and everyone has a horror story about creepy people on Facebook. There’s even a few stories of someone getting robbed while on vacation because they had to let Twitter know how great Florida was.
But this prank really brings it all home.
Jack Vale is a pretty well-known prankster, but this one crosses the line into a social experiment. He uses various forms of social media to find posters nearby and learns about their lives. Then he walks up to them and starts listing it off, sometimes pretending to be a psychic.
It’s funny. It’s interesting. It’s creepy.
Most people laugh. One person threatens to call the police. But all that information is out there, at any given time, for anyone to see.
Excuse me. I need to go change some settings.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night