Yes, the Kansas City Chiefs are the surprise of the NFL after entering Sunday with a 9-0 record. And, yes, the Denver Broncos are one of the team’s major rivals. But, is that worth selling your wedding rings in order to get to see the Dec. 1 Chiefs-Broncos game in person?
It was to one Kansas woman.
She made headlines by putting up her rings on Craigslist last week, and the Huffington Post reported Friday she found a taker.
Kansas City resident Rusty Jones, 49, gave two pairs of tickets to the unidentified woman in exchange for the wedding rings. Jones said he’s been a Chiefs season ticket holder for 20 years and that he had been thinking about getting engagement rings with his girlfriend.
The trade didn’t just land the unidentified woman Chiefs-Broncos tickets. She also got tickets for the Chiefs game against the San Diego Chargers on Nov. 24 due to the high appraised value of the rings.
USA Today says the woman had the engagement ring and wedding band from a previous marriage and that she had little emotional connection to them. She found it more important to get tickets to the Chiefs-Broncos game to surprise her husband for his 40th birthday.
Let’s hope the Chiefs make the effort worth her while.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets