Yes, the Kansas City Chiefs are the surprise of the NFL after entering Sunday with a 9-0 record. And, yes, the Denver Broncos are one of the team’s major rivals. But, is that worth selling your wedding rings in order to get to see the Dec. 1 Chiefs-Broncos game in person?
It was to one Kansas woman.
She made headlines by putting up her rings on Craigslist last week, and the Huffington Post reported Friday she found a taker.
Kansas City resident Rusty Jones, 49, gave two pairs of tickets to the unidentified woman in exchange for the wedding rings. Jones said he’s been a Chiefs season ticket holder for 20 years and that he had been thinking about getting engagement rings with his girlfriend.
The trade didn’t just land the unidentified woman Chiefs-Broncos tickets. She also got tickets for the Chiefs game against the San Diego Chargers on Nov. 24 due to the high appraised value of the rings.
USA Today says the woman had the engagement ring and wedding band from a previous marriage and that she had little emotional connection to them. She found it more important to get tickets to the Chiefs-Broncos game to surprise her husband for his 40th birthday.
Let’s hope the Chiefs make the effort worth her while.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development