IKEA, the Swedish company known for its assemble-yourself, how-do-you-pronounce-this? furniture and accessories may have crossed the line from cute to creepy with a new ad campaign.
Entitled “One Room Paradise,” the 2 1/2-minute commercial shows a little girl playing with her dolls in a toy apartment building. As the girl continues playing, the camera then shifts to the dolls’ points-of-view…and that’s when things get weird.
According to the ad’s description, IKEA products are so varied that they can fit any person, any lifestyle, and any square footage:
‘One Room Paradise’…tells the story of single mother ‘Mandy’ and her son ‘Liam’ who live in a tiny, toy, high-rise flat. Following their everyday lives, we see how IKEA products make the most of their space and help them to enjoy life regardless of the size of their flat.
What do you think: Is this a neat idea or a nightmarish one?
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon