IKEA, the Swedish company known for its assemble-yourself, how-do-you-pronounce-this? furniture and accessories may have crossed the line from cute to creepy with a new ad campaign.
Entitled “One Room Paradise,” the 2 1/2-minute commercial shows a little girl playing with her dolls in a toy apartment building. As the girl continues playing, the camera then shifts to the dolls’ points-of-view…and that’s when things get weird.
According to the ad’s description, IKEA products are so varied that they can fit any person, any lifestyle, and any square footage:
‘One Room Paradise’…tells the story of single mother ‘Mandy’ and her son ‘Liam’ who live in a tiny, toy, high-rise flat. Following their everyday lives, we see how IKEA products make the most of their space and help them to enjoy life regardless of the size of their flat.
What do you think: Is this a neat idea or a nightmarish one?
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments