A young Kentucky girl has gained national attention for her singing, particularly for her version of the national anthem.
Angie and Jeff Rodgers of Liberty, Ky., first started sharing videos of their daughter, Grace, on Facebook.
“She loves my iPhone. So, we just sit there and take videos of her — of her singing — and post them on her Facebook and it just kinda took off,” Angie Rodgers told FOX 10.
The rendition of the anthem was uploaded to YouTube last week.
Grace reportedly started singing her words before she could speak them.
She has some factors working against her, which makes her videos all the more endearing. Grace was born with a form of dwarfism and suffers partial blindness.
She was invited to sing at an elementary school on Monday in Russle Springs, Ky, for Veterans Day.
“Grace has a grandfather and two great grandfathers who were veterans, and who’re no longer here. And I would guarantee, if her grandfathers could’ve heard it today, they would’ve been overjoyed,” said Rodgers.
“She just shows joy for life, through all she’s been through — through her little singing… she just has so much joy in it. It must makes me feel very proud to be her mama,” said Rodgers.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon