Specialty cakes shaped like celebrities have slowly gained traction throughout the years, but a British woman has taken it to the next level.
Lara Clarke of Brownshill, England, has constructed a life-size cake of Johnny Depp’s Jack Sparrow character from “Pirates of the Caribbean.” Yahoo OMG! says the cake comes in at 5 feet, 5 inches and took 90 hours to make.
Not only is the concoction improbably tall, but it’s three-dimensional as well, shaped just like the 50-year-old actor.
Depp’s listed height is 5-foot-10, but Clarke said she had to cut it a little short because she worried about transporting it and fitting it through doorways. She made the cake to enter into a contest.
Yahoo reports Clarke’s “cake” is actually more like a large Rice Krispie Treat, made out of toasted rice and marshmallow, which explains its ability to stand.
Clarke has made other large cakes before — shaped as celebrities such as Kate Middleton and Miley Cyrus.
The Jack Sparrow cake is likely past its expiration date to eat, but sails on as an impressive piece of art.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development