A Michigan-based ministry has created a video in honor of Veterans Day that centers around the controversial topic of homeless veterans — and the empowerment that can come from just simply feeling human.
Using time-lapse footage, Dégagé Ministries in Grand Rapids showcases Jim Wolf, an Army veteran who has struggled with homelessness, poverty and alcoholism for decades.
According to the video, Wolf agreed to go through a “physical transformation” back in September, which involved a haircut, a shave and a new suit.
For over two minutes, Wolf sits stoically facing the camera, until his chair gets swung around to face a mirror for his final reveal.
From that singular moment, it is more than just his physical appearance that undergoes a transformation — it’s his whole life.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck