A Michigan-based ministry has created a video in honor of Veterans Day that centers around the controversial topic of homeless veterans — and the empowerment that can come from just simply feeling human.
Using time-lapse footage, Dégagé Ministries in Grand Rapids showcases Jim Wolf, an Army veteran who has struggled with homelessness, poverty and alcoholism for decades.
According to the video, Wolf agreed to go through a “physical transformation” back in September, which involved a haircut, a shave and a new suit.
For over two minutes, Wolf sits stoically facing the camera, until his chair gets swung around to face a mirror for his final reveal.
From that singular moment, it is more than just his physical appearance that undergoes a transformation — it’s his whole life.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick