Couldn’t this lady just hand out apples?
According to Valley News Live, a North Dakota woman plans to hand out notes to “semi-obese” kids instructing parents to control their candy intake.
The letter reminds parents of the adage that it takes a village to raise a child and the author, only identified as Cheryl, apparently feels that some “villagers” (a.k.a. neighbors) aren’t feeding their kids a healthy enough diet.
You [sic] child is, in my opinion, moderately obese and should not be consuming sugar and treats to the extent of some children this Halloween season. My hope is that you will step up as a parent and ration candy this Halloween and not allow your child to continue these unhealthy eating habits.
Cheryl also called into a local radio station and said she feels it’s irresponsible of parents to send overweight kids out for candy simply because “everyone else is doing it.”
Um, happy Halloween?
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ contestant Evie Clair sings Christmas carols
- One year in, Paul Penzone continues to address ‘culture of hate’ claims
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest stories from past weekend in Arizona, nation
- Palo Verde Middle School teacher gets monthly KTAR News award
- Mac Watson of ‘Mac and Gaydos’ shares story of adopting children