Tourists can be the worst — but very few of them may compare to these three out-of-state troublemakers visiting Goblin Valley State Park in Utah.
According to the National Park Service, “hoodoos,” also called “goblins,” are “tall skinny spires of rock that protrude from the bottom of arid basins and ‘broken’ lands.”
The hoodoos in Goblin Valley State Park date back to the Jurassic Period, meaning they are approximately 200 million years old, according to Deadspin.
In just a few pushes, tourist Glenn Taylor toppled one large hoodoo that park officials say would not have toppled until a few more million years, while his companions Dave Hall and Dylan Taylor laughed and filmed his endeavor.
A criminal investigation is now underway, after the trio posted the video to Facebook and bragged about it. Taylor insists that by toppling the rock prematurely, he was saving the life of someone who would have otherwise become crushed by the small boulder.
The three men could potentially get charged with up to a second-class felony, depending on the value of the rock formation.
What do you think of the antics of these three tourists?
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier