An Arkansas restaurant’s marquee created controversy after the sign linked Obamacare and slavery.
A viewer supplied 40/29 News with a photo of the sign before it was changed. It said “Obamacare America’s Punishment for Slavery Years.”
According to 40/29 News, the message was only posted for about 45 minutes before public complaints caused the owner to remove the sign.
“I apologize for the sign. It’s offending people, as it did. I didn’t intend for it to be racist-oriented at all,” said restaurant owner Johnny Howard.
After removing the sign, Howard backtracked and said that the sign was taken out of context and he has a problem with the Affordable Care Act, not President Barack Obama.
“It’s the policy and I made the mistake of wording it in the wrong fashion. The policy. It’s not the person it’s the policy,” Howard said.
Howard said Obamacare will force him to fire at least one employee to save money.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life