An Arkansas restaurant’s marquee created controversy after the sign linked Obamacare and slavery.
A viewer supplied 40/29 News with a photo of the sign before it was changed. It said “Obamacare America’s Punishment for Slavery Years.”
According to 40/29 News, the message was only posted for about 45 minutes before public complaints caused the owner to remove the sign.
“I apologize for the sign. It’s offending people, as it did. I didn’t intend for it to be racist-oriented at all,” said restaurant owner Johnny Howard.
After removing the sign, Howard backtracked and said that the sign was taken out of context and he has a problem with the Affordable Care Act, not President Barack Obama.
“It’s the policy and I made the mistake of wording it in the wrong fashion. The policy. It’s not the person it’s the policy,” Howard said.
Howard said Obamacare will force him to fire at least one employee to save money.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America