A video of a fatal August shootout between an Oregon State Police officer and a suspect was released Thursday.
According to KTVB.com, the video shows 34-year-old John Van Allen II immediately getting out of his car after being pulled over by Oregon State Trooper Matthew Zistel.
A small yelling match occurs and Zistel orders Allen to get back into his car numerous times.
Allen then pulls a pistol out and begins firing rapidly at the trooper while advancing on his police car. Gunfire is exchanged and Allen withdraws, showing no sign of injury.
Allen drove off but was found a dead a few miles down the highway. He was killed by a single gunshot wound to the chest.
Zistel was hit in the side. He made a full recovery.
According to the Daily Mail, three children were in Allen’s car at the time of the shooting. None were injured.
Allen was a father of five and an Army Reserve veteran.
WARNING: THE VIDEO BELOW CONTAINS VIOLENT CONTENT.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon