A video of a fatal August shootout between an Oregon State Police officer and a suspect was released Thursday.
According to KTVB.com, the video shows 34-year-old John Van Allen II immediately getting out of his car after being pulled over by Oregon State Trooper Matthew Zistel.
A small yelling match occurs and Zistel orders Allen to get back into his car numerous times.
Allen then pulls a pistol out and begins firing rapidly at the trooper while advancing on his police car. Gunfire is exchanged and Allen withdraws, showing no sign of injury.
Allen drove off but was found a dead a few miles down the highway. He was killed by a single gunshot wound to the chest.
Zistel was hit in the side. He made a full recovery.
According to the Daily Mail, three children were in Allen’s car at the time of the shooting. None were injured.
Allen was a father of five and an Army Reserve veteran.
WARNING: THE VIDEO BELOW CONTAINS VIOLENT CONTENT.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments