Those shorts aren’t very becoming and that was the point.
According to KSL.com, Utah dad Scott Mackintosh decided to don short shorts after becoming fed up with his daughter’s attire.
“As I walked out to the car I could see my daughter and her brother in the backseat with their heads down focused on their phones,” Mackintosh said. “Needless to say they didn’t even notice.”
Makintosh wore the shorts for an entire night out with the family. However, his daughter drew the line when they stopped for ice cream. She refused to get out of the car.
“As I pulled into a stall, my daughter said, ‘Uh, no! We are not going in!’ I said ‘Sure we are, let’s go!’ ‘Let’s go through the drive up,’ she said. We went in, but she stayed in the car,” Mackintosh said of the experience.
Makintosh is unsure if his lesson sunk in, but he was able to get his teen to react, which is impressive in itself.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments