Those shorts aren’t very becoming and that was the point.
According to KSL.com, Utah dad Scott Mackintosh decided to don short shorts after becoming fed up with his daughter’s attire.
“As I walked out to the car I could see my daughter and her brother in the backseat with their heads down focused on their phones,” Mackintosh said. “Needless to say they didn’t even notice.”
Makintosh wore the shorts for an entire night out with the family. However, his daughter drew the line when they stopped for ice cream. She refused to get out of the car.
“As I pulled into a stall, my daughter said, ‘Uh, no! We are not going in!’ I said ‘Sure we are, let’s go!’ ‘Let’s go through the drive up,’ she said. We went in, but she stayed in the car,” Mackintosh said of the experience.
Makintosh is unsure if his lesson sunk in, but he was able to get his teen to react, which is impressive in itself.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier