Those shorts aren’t very becoming and that was the point.
According to KSL.com, Utah dad Scott Mackintosh decided to don short shorts after becoming fed up with his daughter’s attire.
“As I walked out to the car I could see my daughter and her brother in the backseat with their heads down focused on their phones,” Mackintosh said. “Needless to say they didn’t even notice.”
Makintosh wore the shorts for an entire night out with the family. However, his daughter drew the line when they stopped for ice cream. She refused to get out of the car.
“As I pulled into a stall, my daughter said, ‘Uh, no! We are not going in!’ I said ‘Sure we are, let’s go!’ ‘Let’s go through the drive up,’ she said. We went in, but she stayed in the car,” Mackintosh said of the experience.
Makintosh is unsure if his lesson sunk in, but he was able to get his teen to react, which is impressive in itself.
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes