This man, 22-year old Matthew Cordle, has just admitted to killing someone.
He’s doing this before any charges have been filed against him. In a way this is the start of Cordle’s atonement.
In the early morning hours of June 22, 2013 he drove home drunk. He blacked out, swerved into oncoming traffic and hit 61-year old Vincent Canzani, killing him.
Matthew said this “video will act as my confession.” He said he’s going against all legal advice by doing this. Several attorneys told him they could probably get his blood test (which proved he was driving drunk) thrown out. Instead, Matthew said he’s going to accept whatever punishment comes his way.
He’s not doing this alone.
He’s got the help of Alex Sheen. Sheen shot the video for his new startup called Because I Said I Would. It’s a non-profit geared towards promises, focusing on charity. Sheen explained that his organization will hand out promise cards to, “help you remember the importance of your commitments and goals.”
Sheen knew using Cordle’s confession would generate attention, both good and bad but he said this was Cordle’s idea. He reached out to Sheen because he came across his website and liked the concept behind it. So we have his confession. So does the state of Ohio.
Maybe this isn’t the best way to attract attention for a startup, but maybe it’s worth it because it gets us to think about taking responsibility for our actions. Matthew Cordle did. And he’ll end up in jail because of it.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick