I’m pretty sure 911 isn’t supposed to be used for this.
According to KPTV.com, an Oregon teenager called 911 on Wednesday with a “ridiculous question:” She wanted to know what she should do after finding a big spider on her couch.
“I’m home alone and there is a giant spider on the back of my couch, and I’m talking giant. I’ve never seen a spider this big and I have no idea what to do,” she told the slightly perplexed dispatcher, according to 911 records.
The girl said the spider was about the size of a baseball and police actually went to her house to check it out. As it turns out, a baseball is smaller then we all thought. The spider was only about two inches in diameter and was taken care of with a rolled-up newspaper.
At least the girl had a good reason for calling: Her mother was bitten earlier in the week by a poisonous spider.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development