Get the tissues ready. This one is tough.
When Fred Stobaugh’s wife of 75 years passed away, he was lost. She had been by his side since 1938 and it felt like a “dream” when he’d walk around the house and not see her.
That’s when Fred discovered the Green Shoe Studio Singer/Songwriter Contest.
The studio wanted to find out about local music in the area and asked local artists to post their own music to YouTube. But Fred, who said he isn’t a musician or singer, sent the studio a letter explaining that he had written a song for his wife, Lorraine.
The studio worked with Fred and recorded “Sweet Lorraine.”
The first time Fred hears the song dedicated to his wife, the waterworks start.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America