A Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department deputy has set a new record for citizen-filed complaints.
According to CBS News, Sheriff’s Deputy Elton Simmons has been part of more than 25,000 traffic stops over the past 20 years and has never received a single complaint.
Until the captain told him, Elton didn’t even know he had such a record, let alone how he got it. “It’s just how I do it every day,” he said.
Elton is known for developing a quick rapport with drivers and not guilt-tripping them or pulling an attitude. Basically, he breaks the stereotype of patrol officers.
“You know what it is, it’s his smile,” said driver Mike Viera, who just got a ticket. “He’s got a great smile. He’s a nice guy. How could you be mad at that guy?”
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths