A local station from Michigan investigated whether local pandhandlers were actually lying, and as it turns out, some of them are.
WGRD ran with a story from the local ABC news afiliate that revealed some local panhandlers really are struggling, while some lie to get some extra pennies.
Such was the case of Rudy, a homeless man who claims he’s a veteran, but who uses the money he collects to buy alcohol.
The “Free Beer & Hot Wings Morning Show” sent out one of their producers to follow Rudy around and see what he would do when Joe, the producer, took over his spot.
Joe met Rudy at his usual spot but instead of saying anything to him, he held up a sign with the words “Liar” pointing at Rudy. Rudy then took off on his mountain bike which was parked not too far from his pandhandling spot.
The crew of WGRD decided that Joe should continue to “panhandle”, but for a good cause — the money would go to Grand Rapids Home for Veterans.
Watch the origional report by the local ABC news station:
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments