A local station from Michigan investigated whether local pandhandlers were actually lying, and as it turns out, some of them are.
WGRD ran with a story from the local ABC news afiliate that revealed some local panhandlers really are struggling, while some lie to get some extra pennies.
Such was the case of Rudy, a homeless man who claims he’s a veteran, but who uses the money he collects to buy alcohol.
The “Free Beer & Hot Wings Morning Show” sent out one of their producers to follow Rudy around and see what he would do when Joe, the producer, took over his spot.
Joe met Rudy at his usual spot but instead of saying anything to him, he held up a sign with the words “Liar” pointing at Rudy. Rudy then took off on his mountain bike which was parked not too far from his pandhandling spot.
The crew of WGRD decided that Joe should continue to “panhandle”, but for a good cause — the money would go to Grand Rapids Home for Veterans.
Watch the origional report by the local ABC news station:
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets