A local station from Michigan investigated whether local pandhandlers were actually lying, and as it turns out, some of them are.
WGRD ran with a story from the local ABC news afiliate that revealed some local panhandlers really are struggling, while some lie to get some extra pennies.
Such was the case of Rudy, a homeless man who claims he’s a veteran, but who uses the money he collects to buy alcohol.
The “Free Beer & Hot Wings Morning Show” sent out one of their producers to follow Rudy around and see what he would do when Joe, the producer, took over his spot.
Joe met Rudy at his usual spot but instead of saying anything to him, he held up a sign with the words “Liar” pointing at Rudy. Rudy then took off on his mountain bike which was parked not too far from his pandhandling spot.
The crew of WGRD decided that Joe should continue to “panhandle”, but for a good cause — the money would go to Grand Rapids Home for Veterans.
Watch the origional report by the local ABC news station:
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development