Over the years breastfeeding has gotten a bad rep, but a waitress in Iowa decided to reward one of her customers she caught breastfeeding.
According to Yahoo! Shine, Jackie Johnson-Smith, a mother of three, went out for a family dinner to celebrate her birthday when her youngest began getting fussy. In order to soothe the 12-month-old, Johnson-Smith put on a nursing cover and began to breastfeed her child.
Johnson-Smith could tell the waitress had been staring at her so she went to her car to continue nursing her child. When her husband got to the car he handed her a receipt which had a hand written not saying: “I bought one of your pizzas. Please thank your wife for breastfeeding!”
Johnson-Smith went home touched and empowered and posted a picture of the receipt on Facebook. The picture now has over 2,000 shares and over 100 likes.
The waitress, Bodi Kinney, later told Yahoo! Shine:
“I noticed Johnson-Smith nursing and was so thrilled she did it. I tried not to stare because I didn’t want to seem creepy or make her feel uncomfortable, but I felt like doing jumping jacks.”
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments