Over the years breastfeeding has gotten a bad rep, but a waitress in Iowa decided to reward one of her customers she caught breastfeeding.
According to Yahoo! Shine, Jackie Johnson-Smith, a mother of three, went out for a family dinner to celebrate her birthday when her youngest began getting fussy. In order to soothe the 12-month-old, Johnson-Smith put on a nursing cover and began to breastfeed her child.
Johnson-Smith could tell the waitress had been staring at her so she went to her car to continue nursing her child. When her husband got to the car he handed her a receipt which had a hand written not saying: “I bought one of your pizzas. Please thank your wife for breastfeeding!”
Johnson-Smith went home touched and empowered and posted a picture of the receipt on Facebook. The picture now has over 2,000 shares and over 100 likes.
The waitress, Bodi Kinney, later told Yahoo! Shine:
“I noticed Johnson-Smith nursing and was so thrilled she did it. I tried not to stare because I didn’t want to seem creepy or make her feel uncomfortable, but I felt like doing jumping jacks.”
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon