A Vancouver, Wash. man pleaded not guilty after firing his gun to chase off car thieves and claimed Vice President Joe Biden told him to do it.
According to KOIN.com, 52-year-old Jeffrey Barton pleaded not guilty for illegally aiming and firing the weapon.
Barton reportedly admitted to deputies that he fired his weapon while chasing away people who he thought were breaking into his vehicles at 5804 NE 124th St. in the early morning hours Monday.
Barton said that he was only doing what Biden told people to do during a Q&A session back in February.
“I did what Joe Biden told me to do,” Barton told KOIN. “I went outside and fired my shotgun in the air.”
Authorities said that what he did was not protected under the law. Barton is due back in court but no schedule for the date has been set.
- ‘Remember me?’ Mom outs college-aged son on Facebook for not calling home
- Gaydos meets Solomon the lion from Wildlife World Zoo
- Donald Trump wins Mac & Gaydos’ Presidential Pick Fest
- Colorado woman turns to Craigslist to rent a family for her birthday
- Renting, not owning, a growing trend among millennials