A Vancouver, Wash. man pleaded not guilty after firing his gun to chase off car thieves and claimed Vice President Joe Biden told him to do it.
According to KOIN.com, 52-year-old Jeffrey Barton pleaded not guilty for illegally aiming and firing the weapon.
Barton reportedly admitted to deputies that he fired his weapon while chasing away people who he thought were breaking into his vehicles at 5804 NE 124th St. in the early morning hours Monday.
Barton said that he was only doing what Biden told people to do during a Q&A session back in February.
“I did what Joe Biden told me to do,” Barton told KOIN. “I went outside and fired my shotgun in the air.”
Authorities said that what he did was not protected under the law. Barton is due back in court but no schedule for the date has been set.
- Arizona congresswoman hopes Trump meeting start of bipartisan work
- Former Arizona AG wants Arpaio to be forced to work with immigrant groups
- Teenage witness says deadly Arizona flash flood was heartbreaking to watch
- Ducey is ‘very concerned’ with how GOP health bill could affect Arizona
- Five months into office, Penzone says problems with politics still persist in MCSO