Reddit to the rescue!
A user of popular viral website, Reddit.com, was walking by the Children’s Hospital in Los Angeles when he noticed a message on one of the patient’s windows.
The SOS read, “Send Pizza RM 4112.”
According to Gawker, the Redditor snapped a photo of the plea and quickly posted it to the website.
Shortly after the image surfaced online, there were a total of 20 pizzas sent to the patient’s hospital room.
The message on the window was written by Lauren Hammersley, the mother of 2-year-old Hazel, who is suffering from stage 3 neuroblastoma cancer.
“Hazel woke up from her nap to the smell of pizza and was so excited to chow down,” Lauren said. “Several other children and nurses came into the room, with music playing, and had themselves a wonderful Pizza Party.”
A Facebook page was set up on Wednesday to show support for Hazel. As of Monday, the page already has over 4,000 followers.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas