Reddit to the rescue!
A user of popular viral website, Reddit.com, was walking by the Children’s Hospital in Los Angeles when he noticed a message on one of the patient’s windows.
The SOS read, “Send Pizza RM 4112.”
According to Gawker, the Redditor snapped a photo of the plea and quickly posted it to the website.
Shortly after the image surfaced online, there were a total of 20 pizzas sent to the patient’s hospital room.
The message on the window was written by Lauren Hammersley, the mother of 2-year-old Hazel, who is suffering from stage 3 neuroblastoma cancer.
“Hazel woke up from her nap to the smell of pizza and was so excited to chow down,” Lauren said. “Several other children and nurses came into the room, with music playing, and had themselves a wonderful Pizza Party.”
A Facebook page was set up on Wednesday to show support for Hazel. As of Monday, the page already has over 4,000 followers.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development