Reddit to the rescue!
A user of popular viral website, Reddit.com, was walking by the Children’s Hospital in Los Angeles when he noticed a message on one of the patient’s windows.
The SOS read, “Send Pizza RM 4112.”
According to Gawker, the Redditor snapped a photo of the plea and quickly posted it to the website.
Shortly after the image surfaced online, there were a total of 20 pizzas sent to the patient’s hospital room.
The message on the window was written by Lauren Hammersley, the mother of 2-year-old Hazel, who is suffering from stage 3 neuroblastoma cancer.
“Hazel woke up from her nap to the smell of pizza and was so excited to chow down,” Lauren said. “Several other children and nurses came into the room, with music playing, and had themselves a wonderful Pizza Party.”
A Facebook page was set up on Wednesday to show support for Hazel. As of Monday, the page already has over 4,000 followers.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night