Tempe is not only the home of America’s largest university, but one of the biggest ‘bro’ populations in the country, at least according to one source.
Estately.com, a real estate website, recently released a list on its blog titled “The 18 Best U.S. Cities for Bros”, ranking Tempe fifth.
A ‘bro’, as qualified by Estately, is one who is “seemingly stuck in an awkward and extended puberty,” as told by their “shaved chests, perpetual posturing, and false bravado.” According to Estately, such an individual is most typically a white male aged 16-25, often populating a college fraternity or lacrosse team.
Estately calls Tempe a “bro paradise,” noting that it’s home of the Princeton Review’s No. 17 party school, Arizona State University.
“Bros enjoy hobbies like beer pong, tanning, flexing in photos, and popping the collar on their Polo shirt,” the Estately blog explains. Such activities likely sound all too familiar to Tempe residents, who can catch a full-on bro exhibit with a stroll down the city’s main drag, Mill Avenue, on any night of the week.
Rounding out the top five on the list were Boulder (4), Gainesville (3), Columbus (2) and Los Angeles, which took the top spot.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas