Tempe is not only the home of America’s largest university, but one of the biggest ‘bro’ populations in the country, at least according to one source.
Estately.com, a real estate website, recently released a list on its blog titled “The 18 Best U.S. Cities for Bros”, ranking Tempe fifth.
A ‘bro’, as qualified by Estately, is one who is “seemingly stuck in an awkward and extended puberty,” as told by their “shaved chests, perpetual posturing, and false bravado.” According to Estately, such an individual is most typically a white male aged 16-25, often populating a college fraternity or lacrosse team.
Estately calls Tempe a “bro paradise,” noting that it’s home of the Princeton Review’s No. 17 party school, Arizona State University.
“Bros enjoy hobbies like beer pong, tanning, flexing in photos, and popping the collar on their Polo shirt,” the Estately blog explains. Such activities likely sound all too familiar to Tempe residents, who can catch a full-on bro exhibit with a stroll down the city’s main drag, Mill Avenue, on any night of the week.
Rounding out the top five on the list were Boulder (4), Gainesville (3), Columbus (2) and Los Angeles, which took the top spot.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon