A rescued puppy’s unique condition has gone viral with thousands of Internet supporters.
According to NBC News, the 9-week-old Lentil was born with a number of rare conditions including a cleft palate as well as a deformed lip and nose. The French bulldog’s Facebook page has received more than 48,000 likes.
When Streets Tails Animal Rescue founder Lindsay Condefer, 34, adopted the French bulldog and decided to create a Facebook page to post his progress, she had no idea Lentil’s story would surge this much attention as the lone survivor in his litter.
“I have received more support than I can ever in my mind imagine possible. I don’t know how it happened,” Condefer said.
Dr. John Lewis, assistant professor of dentistry and oral surgery at the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, explained that Lentil’s condition might require multiple surgeries to lower his risk of inflammation in the nose and lungs. Lentil currently is being fed every three hours using a tube.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier