A rescued puppy’s unique condition has gone viral with thousands of Internet supporters.
According to NBC News, the 9-week-old Lentil was born with a number of rare conditions including a cleft palate as well as a deformed lip and nose. The French bulldog’s Facebook page has received more than 48,000 likes.
When Streets Tails Animal Rescue founder Lindsay Condefer, 34, adopted the French bulldog and decided to create a Facebook page to post his progress, she had no idea Lentil’s story would surge this much attention as the lone survivor in his litter.
“I have received more support than I can ever in my mind imagine possible. I don’t know how it happened,” Condefer said.
Dr. John Lewis, assistant professor of dentistry and oral surgery at the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, explained that Lentil’s condition might require multiple surgeries to lower his risk of inflammation in the nose and lungs. Lentil currently is being fed every three hours using a tube.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments