A rescued puppy’s unique condition has gone viral with thousands of Internet supporters.
According to NBC News, the 9-week-old Lentil was born with a number of rare conditions including a cleft palate as well as a deformed lip and nose. The French bulldog’s Facebook page has received more than 48,000 likes.
When Streets Tails Animal Rescue founder Lindsay Condefer, 34, adopted the French bulldog and decided to create a Facebook page to post his progress, she had no idea Lentil’s story would surge this much attention as the lone survivor in his litter.
“I have received more support than I can ever in my mind imagine possible. I don’t know how it happened,” Condefer said.
Dr. John Lewis, assistant professor of dentistry and oral surgery at the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, explained that Lentil’s condition might require multiple surgeries to lower his risk of inflammation in the nose and lungs. Lentil currently is being fed every three hours using a tube.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night