PHOENIX — Dignity Health has been serving the West for nearly 30 years.
Originally called Catholic Healthcare West (CHW) in 1986, what would eventually be renamed Dignity Health began when two congregations of the Catholic organization Sisters of Mercy united their 10 hospitals into one health care system.
In just 28 years, 39 hospitals now fall under Dignity Health’s umbrella, as well as countless other care centers all across the West.
Linda Hunt, senior vice president of operations and president and CEO of Dignity Health in Arizona, has been with the organization for years and she has seen the landscape of the health care industry shift.
“Things needed to change,” said Linda Hunt, senior vice president of operations, president and CEO of Dignity Health.
Find out more below about Dignity Health’s involvement with health care reform and how access to the health care provider’s facilities has changed for the better.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food