PHOENIX — Dignity Health has been serving the West for nearly 30 years.
Originally called Catholic Healthcare West (CHW) in 1986, what would eventually be renamed Dignity Health began when two congregations of the Catholic organization Sisters of Mercy united their 10 hospitals into one health care system.
In just 28 years, 39 hospitals now fall under Dignity Health’s umbrella, as well as countless other care centers all across the West.
Linda Hunt, senior vice president of operations and president and CEO of Dignity Health in Arizona, has been with the organization for years and she has seen the landscape of the health care industry shift.
“Things needed to change,” said Linda Hunt, senior vice president of operations, president and CEO of Dignity Health.
Find out more below about Dignity Health’s involvement with health care reform and how access to the health care provider’s facilities has changed for the better.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development