“Two hundred and fifty strands of lights, 100 individual bulbs per strand for a grand total of 25,000 imported Italian twinkle lights…drumroll, please!”
And thus begins the iconic scene from 1989’s “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” where, after working day and night, hapless dad Clark Griswold (Chevy Chase) hopes for a blinding, dazzling light show for his family.
Instead, he and his family are literally left in the dark, due to an as-yet-undiscovered light switch hidden in the garage.
This house in Odenton, Md., fares a lot better than Griswold on the first try.
Lights on Ice Crystal, a light specialist, and the help of a neighbor paid tribute to the Griswold family when designing and decorating this year’s light show.
And the house used nearly as many lights as Chez Griswold, too.
According to The Huffington Post:
Lights On Ice Crystal is in his third season of decorating cheer, and told The Huffington Post in an email that all props and fixtures in display are made by him “with tons of time, zip ties and hot glue.”
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon