You don’t have a right in this country to not be offended.
There’s going to be a tree lighting ceremony at the Rhode Island Statehouse after all.
It probably won’t be called a Christmas tree though.
A spokeswoman for Gov. Lincoln Chafee said Tuesday she erred when she told The Associated Press and other news outlets Monday there wouldn’t be a tree lighting ceremony this season.
Chafee said the term “holiday tree” was meant to honor Rhode Islands origin as a sanctuary of religious tolerance.
Is the idea we have to argue over what to call the tree ridiculous?
Who are the people who are offended when you refer to a pine tree with tinsel, blinky lights and an angel on top as a Christmas tree?
If you’re offended by it come on down to Bruce’s office and he’ll happily have a chat with you about it!
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes