You don’t have a right in this country to not be offended.
There’s going to be a tree lighting ceremony at the Rhode Island Statehouse after all.
It probably won’t be called a Christmas tree though.
A spokeswoman for Gov. Lincoln Chafee said Tuesday she erred when she told The Associated Press and other news outlets Monday there wouldn’t be a tree lighting ceremony this season.
Chafee said the term “holiday tree” was meant to honor Rhode Islands origin as a sanctuary of religious tolerance.
Is the idea we have to argue over what to call the tree ridiculous?
Who are the people who are offended when you refer to a pine tree with tinsel, blinky lights and an angel on top as a Christmas tree?
If you’re offended by it come on down to Bruce’s office and he’ll happily have a chat with you about it!
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments