You don’t have a right in this country to not be offended.
There’s going to be a tree lighting ceremony at the Rhode Island Statehouse after all.
It probably won’t be called a Christmas tree though.
A spokeswoman for Gov. Lincoln Chafee said Tuesday she erred when she told The Associated Press and other news outlets Monday there wouldn’t be a tree lighting ceremony this season.
Chafee said the term “holiday tree” was meant to honor Rhode Islands origin as a sanctuary of religious tolerance.
Is the idea we have to argue over what to call the tree ridiculous?
Who are the people who are offended when you refer to a pine tree with tinsel, blinky lights and an angel on top as a Christmas tree?
If you’re offended by it come on down to Bruce’s office and he’ll happily have a chat with you about it!
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon