The Sojourner Center in Phoenix offers abused women and their children a way out and a safe place to stay.
“If there’s a woman out there with her children that don’t have emergency shelter, or family support, they can come to our crisis shelter,” Sojourner Center Executive Director Dr. Maria Garay told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos.
The center, one of the largest in the nation, said it helps women by offering immediate shelter or helping them to come up with a plan to leave an abusive partner.
But that’s not all.
“We will take care of your little ones,” said Garay, adding that the shelter boasts a child development center.
The center is also equipped with a clinic to help women get treatment.
“We have full case management we also have a beautiful clinic on site,” Garay said. “We will help you identify those health issues which is also a manner of abusive control of the family by neglecting medical care for them.”
The facility also offers mental health care.
Women are allowed to stay in the shelter for up to 120 days. For those who still don’t have somewhere to go, the center owns condominium-style homes where women can stay for up to two years.
Women in need of help can call the center’s crisis hotline 24 hours a day at (888) 886-9793.
For more information about the Sojourner Center, go to sojournercenter.org.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident