Our son, Andrew, just turned 6 and has cerebral palsy.
We have been on quite a journey since Andrew was diagnosed with CP at age 4. The great news is that Andrew has improved significantly with some innovative medical treatments. The bad news is that the insurance industry considers it all to be “experimental” and does not cover any of it.
We pay $750 out of pocket per month for Andrew’s ongoing medical care and many thousands of dollars for Andrew to get specialized treatments each summer. We are doing all of this on the modest teacher salary of Andrew’s father and we need help to make it happen! For more info on Andrew’s journey, please go to the following site: prayforandrew.wordpress.com.
The Fans Across America Charitable Foundation has provided us with a tax-deductible online and ongoing fundraiser to raise money for Andrew’s costly medical bills. The money donated goes directly from the foundation to one of Andrew’s local doctors to offset our high costs there. If you’re interested in Andrew’s fundraiser page, click here. Every amount helps and is tax deductible! We would love your help in spreading the word about this fundraiser and your prayers for Andrew!
The Fans Across America Charitable Foundation also helps people in transition and facing homelessness in the East Valley. They are run solely by dedicated volunteers. Their organization can receive your AZ Working Poor Credit Tax Credit and you will get the money back on your tax return. Please see their website to read about the wonderful things they are doing in the Valley and how you can be a part of it!
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident