Our son, Andrew, just turned 6 and has cerebral palsy.
We have been on quite a journey since Andrew was diagnosed with CP at age 4. The great news is that Andrew has improved significantly with some innovative medical treatments. The bad news is that the insurance industry considers it all to be “experimental” and does not cover any of it.
We pay $750 out of pocket per month for Andrew’s ongoing medical care and many thousands of dollars for Andrew to get specialized treatments each summer. We are doing all of this on the modest teacher salary of Andrew’s father and we need help to make it happen! For more info on Andrew’s journey, please go to the following site: prayforandrew.wordpress.com.
The Fans Across America Charitable Foundation has provided us with a tax-deductible online and ongoing fundraiser to raise money for Andrew’s costly medical bills. The money donated goes directly from the foundation to one of Andrew’s local doctors to offset our high costs there. If you’re interested in Andrew’s fundraiser page, click here. Every amount helps and is tax deductible! We would love your help in spreading the word about this fundraiser and your prayers for Andrew!
The Fans Across America Charitable Foundation also helps people in transition and facing homelessness in the East Valley. They are run solely by dedicated volunteers. Their organization can receive your AZ Working Poor Credit Tax Credit and you will get the money back on your tax return. Please see their website to read about the wonderful things they are doing in the Valley and how you can be a part of it!
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident
- Cindy McCain talks Syrians refugees’ plight, trafficking in Arizona