Our son, Andrew, just turned 6 and has cerebral palsy.
We have been on quite a journey since Andrew was diagnosed with CP at age 4. The great news is that Andrew has improved significantly with some innovative medical treatments. The bad news is that the insurance industry considers it all to be “experimental” and does not cover any of it.
We pay $750 out of pocket per month for Andrew’s ongoing medical care and many thousands of dollars for Andrew to get specialized treatments each summer. We are doing all of this on the modest teacher salary of Andrew’s father and we need help to make it happen! For more info on Andrew’s journey, please go to the following site: prayforandrew.wordpress.com.
The Fans Across America Charitable Foundation has provided us with a tax-deductible online and ongoing fundraiser to raise money for Andrew’s costly medical bills. The money donated goes directly from the foundation to one of Andrew’s local doctors to offset our high costs there. If you’re interested in Andrew’s fundraiser page, click here. Every amount helps and is tax deductible! We would love your help in spreading the word about this fundraiser and your prayers for Andrew!
The Fans Across America Charitable Foundation also helps people in transition and facing homelessness in the East Valley. They are run solely by dedicated volunteers. Their organization can receive your AZ Working Poor Credit Tax Credit and you will get the money back on your tax return. Please see their website to read about the wonderful things they are doing in the Valley and how you can be a part of it!
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident