SALT LAKE CITY — Homeschooling can be expensive, but it doesn’t have to be, according to SavingAdvice.com.
Setting goals makes for more commitment to saving throughout the year. One way to do this is to look up prices while setting the yearly budget.
There are many materials that are offered online for free. Class projects, textbooks and other additional readings are available on the web.
Instead of buying expensive workbooks or learning technology, make do with homemade materials instead.
Though you shouldn’t buy something just because it’s on sale, you can have a look at deals on textbooks offered through occasional homeschooling curriculum fairs.
Back-to-school sales aren’t just for children in public schools. Take advantage of this time of year to stock up on supplies that would cost more otherwise.
Swapping textbooks and learning materials with other families that teach their children at home could be a great chance to save everyone involved a lot of money.
Obtain a homeschool teacher identification card and take advantage of teacher discounts at bookstores.
For the subjects that don’t change too often, buy a used textbook. If they are barely out of date, the books still have relevant information and are much cheaper.
Enrolling a homeschooled child in discounted community programs is a good way to provide more social interaction.
Due to increased access to the Internet, the library is a great, free resource of information.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick