SALT LAKE CITY — Homeschooling can be expensive, but it doesn’t have to be, according to SavingAdvice.com.
Setting goals makes for more commitment to saving throughout the year. One way to do this is to look up prices while setting the yearly budget.
There are many materials that are offered online for free. Class projects, textbooks and other additional readings are available on the web.
Instead of buying expensive workbooks or learning technology, make do with homemade materials instead.
Though you shouldn’t buy something just because it’s on sale, you can have a look at deals on textbooks offered through occasional homeschooling curriculum fairs.
Back-to-school sales aren’t just for children in public schools. Take advantage of this time of year to stock up on supplies that would cost more otherwise.
Swapping textbooks and learning materials with other families that teach their children at home could be a great chance to save everyone involved a lot of money.
Obtain a homeschool teacher identification card and take advantage of teacher discounts at bookstores.
For the subjects that don’t change too often, buy a used textbook. If they are barely out of date, the books still have relevant information and are much cheaper.
Enrolling a homeschooled child in discounted community programs is a good way to provide more social interaction.
Due to increased access to the Internet, the library is a great, free resource of information.
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise