Now really! How bad can living in America be, no matter who the president is?
After every election, a whole bunch of people are celebrating and another bunch are disappointed — just like after the Super Bowl and the World Series — and then life goes on.
Except for a few.
I remember when President Bush was re-elected, I actually heard some Democrats contemplating moving to another country. Some overreaction, huh?
But that’s nothing compared to the response of some to last week’s presidential results. Sure, there was a lot of texting and tweeting about Armageddon, the end of America as we know it and the forth-coming socialist state, but those were the amateur doomsayers.
A Mesa woman ran over and seriously injured her husband because he didn’t vote, Obama won and her family’s future was ruined. This week, thousands of the disgruntled signed petitions on the Internet expressing a desire to secede and start a new country.
Sorry, but as a member of the gruntled, I think I’ll just stay here in the U.S.A. and try to make things better.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates