Now really! How bad can living in America be, no matter who the president is?
After every election, a whole bunch of people are celebrating and another bunch are disappointed — just like after the Super Bowl and the World Series — and then life goes on.
Except for a few.
I remember when President Bush was re-elected, I actually heard some Democrats contemplating moving to another country. Some overreaction, huh?
But that’s nothing compared to the response of some to last week’s presidential results. Sure, there was a lot of texting and tweeting about Armageddon, the end of America as we know it and the forth-coming socialist state, but those were the amateur doomsayers.
A Mesa woman ran over and seriously injured her husband because he didn’t vote, Obama won and her family’s future was ruined. This week, thousands of the disgruntled signed petitions on the Internet expressing a desire to secede and start a new country.
Sorry, but as a member of the gruntled, I think I’ll just stay here in the U.S.A. and try to make things better.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Peak your palate with gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again