Now really! How bad can living in America be, no matter who the president is?
After every election, a whole bunch of people are celebrating and another bunch are disappointed — just like after the Super Bowl and the World Series — and then life goes on.
Except for a few.
I remember when President Bush was re-elected, I actually heard some Democrats contemplating moving to another country. Some overreaction, huh?
But that’s nothing compared to the response of some to last week’s presidential results. Sure, there was a lot of texting and tweeting about Armageddon, the end of America as we know it and the forth-coming socialist state, but those were the amateur doomsayers.
A Mesa woman ran over and seriously injured her husband because he didn’t vote, Obama won and her family’s future was ruined. This week, thousands of the disgruntled signed petitions on the Internet expressing a desire to secede and start a new country.
Sorry, but as a member of the gruntled, I think I’ll just stay here in the U.S.A. and try to make things better.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development