While listening to News/Talk 92.3 KTAR on Tuesday night, the election became a different story than I had envisioned.
All my optimism, all my belief in the words of Karl Rove and his white board, all my opinions shared by the likes of Dick Morris, who predicted a landslide victory for Mitt Romney, all those pundits who made me confident that my choice would be in the White House come January; it’s over.
The networks placed that dreaded check mark after the name Obama. It’s over. Everyone projected the president has won reelection.
There will be time for analysis, there will be time for recriminations. I will spend time listening to your calls, many saying, “I told you so.”
There is some good news. Sheriff Joe Arpaio was reelected. David Schweikert will return to Congress. Matt Salmon will go back to the House.
Here is what is for sure: America is a divided country — severely divided — and what is sad is that America is divided by color. Black and brown America thinks differently from white America. You may want to disagree with that — and I’ll accept your arguments — but the numbers will tell the story.
One other thing is a huge segment of the population that has its collective hand out. The “give me,”
the “I deserve without work,” the millions of Americans who want the government to support them, they were heard tonight.
I am afraid for my dear America.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick