While listening to News/Talk 92.3 KTAR on Tuesday night, the election became a different story than I had envisioned.
All my optimism, all my belief in the words of Karl Rove and his white board, all my opinions shared by the likes of Dick Morris, who predicted a landslide victory for Mitt Romney, all those pundits who made me confident that my choice would be in the White House come January; it’s over.
The networks placed that dreaded check mark after the name Obama. It’s over. Everyone projected the president has won reelection.
There will be time for analysis, there will be time for recriminations. I will spend time listening to your calls, many saying, “I told you so.”
There is some good news. Sheriff Joe Arpaio was reelected. David Schweikert will return to Congress. Matt Salmon will go back to the House.
Here is what is for sure: America is a divided country — severely divided — and what is sad is that America is divided by color. Black and brown America thinks differently from white America. You may want to disagree with that — and I’ll accept your arguments — but the numbers will tell the story.
One other thing is a huge segment of the population that has its collective hand out. The “give me,”
the “I deserve without work,” the millions of Americans who want the government to support them, they were heard tonight.
I am afraid for my dear America.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development