While listening to News/Talk 92.3 KTAR on Tuesday night, the election became a different story than I had envisioned.
All my optimism, all my belief in the words of Karl Rove and his white board, all my opinions shared by the likes of Dick Morris, who predicted a landslide victory for Mitt Romney, all those pundits who made me confident that my choice would be in the White House come January; it’s over.
The networks placed that dreaded check mark after the name Obama. It’s over. Everyone projected the president has won reelection.
There will be time for analysis, there will be time for recriminations. I will spend time listening to your calls, many saying, “I told you so.”
There is some good news. Sheriff Joe Arpaio was reelected. David Schweikert will return to Congress. Matt Salmon will go back to the House.
Here is what is for sure: America is a divided country — severely divided — and what is sad is that America is divided by color. Black and brown America thinks differently from white America. You may want to disagree with that — and I’ll accept your arguments — but the numbers will tell the story.
One other thing is a huge segment of the population that has its collective hand out. The “give me,”
the “I deserve without work,” the millions of Americans who want the government to support them, they were heard tonight.
I am afraid for my dear America.
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever