Debate number one is history and Mitt Romney clearly won.
Barack Obama was described as “listless” by his own people. Romney was presidential. He didn’t let Obama get away with lies.
The $5 trillion figure the president tried to stick to Romney was refuted time and time again. Romney made a case and the president couldn’t answer. In fact, the president, without teleprompters, was totally lost.
His knowledge of issues was not as crisp as was Romney’s. Now you are going to say I am totally biased, you are going to say I must have just been watching Fox News. You’d be wrong.
I went to ABC, the home of the most vocal Romney critics, the home of the most partisan news people. Maybe MSNBC would rank high on “the president was great” list, but even the biggest Obama fans were critical of his presence and admitted Romney dominated the debate.
It is unfortunate that I heard one “brilliant” talk show host say Obama will still win by 60 percent. That host should read more polls and different newspapers. That host should try not whistling in the wind. What debate was he watching? Surely not the same one millions of our fellow Americans watched Wednesday night.
Just what difference will one debate make now becomes the question. Obama has ruled from the far left. He tried to move to the center for the debate. It didn’t work.
The final statements were telling. Romney talked about a government wanting overall power. Obama wants a government that controls our lives. He refused to take credit for a stagnant economy, huge unemployment and he had no solutions.
Will it make a difference? There are two more debates and one vice presidential debate. If the president is as lifeless as he was during the first debate, it will make a difference. For the sake of our America it must make a difference.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck