Debate number one is history and Mitt Romney clearly won.
Barack Obama was described as “listless” by his own people. Romney was presidential. He didn’t let Obama get away with lies.
The $5 trillion figure the president tried to stick to Romney was refuted time and time again. Romney made a case and the president couldn’t answer. In fact, the president, without teleprompters, was totally lost.
His knowledge of issues was not as crisp as was Romney’s. Now you are going to say I am totally biased, you are going to say I must have just been watching Fox News. You’d be wrong.
I went to ABC, the home of the most vocal Romney critics, the home of the most partisan news people. Maybe MSNBC would rank high on “the president was great” list, but even the biggest Obama fans were critical of his presence and admitted Romney dominated the debate.
It is unfortunate that I heard one “brilliant” talk show host say Obama will still win by 60 percent. That host should read more polls and different newspapers. That host should try not whistling in the wind. What debate was he watching? Surely not the same one millions of our fellow Americans watched Wednesday night.
Just what difference will one debate make now becomes the question. Obama has ruled from the far left. He tried to move to the center for the debate. It didn’t work.
The final statements were telling. Romney talked about a government wanting overall power. Obama wants a government that controls our lives. He refused to take credit for a stagnant economy, huge unemployment and he had no solutions.
Will it make a difference? There are two more debates and one vice presidential debate. If the president is as lifeless as he was during the first debate, it will make a difference. For the sake of our America it must make a difference.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food