This psychic didn’t see it coming.
Phoenix Police Sgt. Derek Elmore says on Sunday, June 1, 2014 at about 7 p.m., two men knocked on the door of the victim’s house on 19th Avenue near Bethany Home Road.
“He allows them in because he does do psychic readings,” says Sgt. Elmore, “and one of the men asked for a reading.”
A few minutes after he let them in, the doorbell rang again. Three more people were at the door. At that time, the two already inside tased the victim then beat him and tied him up.
Sgt. Elmore says they took numerous items from the home including the victim’s truck.
All five suspects got away in three vehicles including the victim’s. Nearby surveillance cameras snapped pictures of them as they sped off.
Our next case takes us back to Oct. 12, 2011.
Two men broke into Rose Linda Elementary School near 12th Street and Broadway and stole $40,000 worth of air conditioning units.
They took a table from the school to give them access to the roof where they could get to the air conditioners,” says Sgt. Elmore.
And once they had the heavy duty equipment police aren’t sure whether they sold them or parted the units out for scrap. Either way, it was an expensive loss for that school.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
How we spread the word
Police officers answer the Silent Witness telephone line 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. They take your information and direct it to the proper department for action.
How we keep going
The community. We're supported by donations from businesses, civic groups, and several individuals. Our civilian board actively oversees the operation of the Silent Witness program.
If you have time, talent, money or information to share, contact Silent Witness today.