This psychic didn’t see it coming.
Phoenix Police Sgt. Derek Elmore says on Sunday, June 1, 2014 at about 7 p.m., two men knocked on the door of the victim’s house on 19th Avenue near Bethany Home Road.
“He allows them in because he does do psychic readings,” says Sgt. Elmore, “and one of the men asked for a reading.”
A few minutes after he let them in, the doorbell rang again. Three more people were at the door. At that time, the two already inside tased the victim then beat him and tied him up.
Sgt. Elmore says they took numerous items from the home including the victim’s truck.
All five suspects got away in three vehicles including the victim’s. Nearby surveillance cameras snapped pictures of them as they sped off.
Our next case takes us back to Oct. 12, 2011.
Two men broke into Rose Linda Elementary School near 12th Street and Broadway and stole $40,000 worth of air conditioning units.
They took a table from the school to give them access to the roof where they could get to the air conditioners,” says Sgt. Elmore.
And once they had the heavy duty equipment police aren’t sure whether they sold them or parted the units out for scrap. Either way, it was an expensive loss for that school.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
How we spread the word
Police officers answer the Silent Witness telephone line 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. They take your information and direct it to the proper department for action.
How we keep going
The community. We're supported by donations from businesses, civic groups, and several individuals. Our civilian board actively oversees the operation of the Silent Witness program.
If you have time, talent, money or information to share, contact Silent Witness today.