This crime happened just after 2:30 a.m. on Wednesday, July 16, 2014. A 32-year-old woman and her 17- and 24-year-old passengers were driving south on 16th Street, approaching Roeser.
“And out of nowhere, shots are being fired at them,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Derek Elmore.
A lot of them. And most of them were centered on the driver’s side. Amazingly, no one was killed but all were hurt by shrapnel and bullet fragments.
Investigators are looking for a gold four-door sedan with chrome wheels. They also want to talk to the woman’s ex-boyfriend who’d recently been released from prison.
Next, a theft that took some special equipment and special skill to pull off. The item was taken from the Renaissance Apartments near 43rd Avenue and Cactus sometime during the weekend of July 19-20, 2014.
It’s a statue that’s seven feet tall and weighs 1,000 pounds! The statue is of a woman in a flowing gown holding a water pitcher on her shoulder. It was imported from Italy and it’s worth $25,000.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
How we spread the word
Police officers answer the Silent Witness telephone line 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. They take your information and direct it to the proper department for action.
How we keep going
The community. We're supported by donations from businesses, civic groups, and several individuals. Our civilian board actively oversees the operation of the Silent Witness program.
If you have time, talent, money or information to share, contact Silent Witness today.