Phillip Powell, 52, lived in an apartment on 36th Street south of Thomas.
“He was found dead inside that apartment,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Darren Burch, “Unfortunately, he was beaten to death and we have no suspect information.”
Powell was murdered four days before Christmas 2009. All detectives really know about Powell is that he has a brother who lives out of state and that he had a lot of friends who visited him at his apartment regularly. They don’t know who would want him dead.
Burch believes the key to this case is Powell’s picture. He encouraged anyone who may have known him, seen him or knew someone who knew him to call police.
To read more about this case, click here.
Our next case involves a tatted-up gunman and a taxi driver who refused to play along. It happened on Jan. 5, 2014.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
How we spread the word
Police officers answer the Silent Witness telephone line 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. They take your information and direct it to the proper department for action.
How we keep going
The community. We're supported by donations from businesses, civic groups, and several individuals. Our civilian board actively oversees the operation of the Silent Witness program.
If you have time, talent, money or information to share, contact Silent Witness today.