Phoenix woman suffers serious road rash after attempted purse theft
Let this be a warning ladies, purse snatchers don’t stand out in a crowd — and they strike in both good and bad neighborhoods.
This one happened on Wednesday, July 3, 2013 at about 5:30 p.m. at 16th Street and Bethany Home Road.
Phoenix Police Sgt. Darren Burch said a 58-year-old woman was walking in front of the windows of the shops at a strip mall when a man came up from behind and grabbed her purse.
“But what was interesting is the way he did this,” Burch said, “he walked into a store for a few seconds and, when she passed by, he came back out and approached her from behind.
“He grabbed her purse, she held on and he dragged her into the parking lot.”
She suffered a pretty serious case of road rash and other injuries, but the guy took off without her purse. He had backed his car into a space for a quick getaway. He was driving a white Pontiac Grand Am.
To read more about this case, click here.
Arizona's Morning News
- Woman says she pulled daughter out of Hacienda after sex assault
- Phoenix’s Pot of Gold festival offers refunds after Cardi B cancels
- Phoenix-area drivers face morning fog after light but steady rainfall
- Entertainment center with mini-golf, food, drinks, more coming to Phoenix
- Arizona Sen. Carl Hayden’s chair stolen from Phoenix storage unit