They don’t call them “stupid criminals” for nothing.
Take this masked gunman, for instance. He robbed a Subway restaurant at Northern and 35th avenues. Phoenix Police Sgt. Darrin Burch said it was lunch time on Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2013.
“He walks in without the mask, is completely captured by surveillance video and then pulls the mask down and robs the store,” Burch said.
Yep. He waited to put on his mask until he got to the counter.
Our next case involves a dangerous thug who was packing a gun and didn’t care who was in the line of fire. On Friday, May 31, 2013 at about midnight, the suspect showed up at the Circle K at 43rd Avenue and Van Buren Street.
“He walks in, buys some things,” Burch said.
“And then when he’s leaving he ends up shooting at two individuals outside the store. We talked with both individuals. We have no idea why he was shooting at them. Luckily no one was hurt.”
Burch said neither victim knew each other. Apparently one of the people shot at may have done something inside the store that irritated the gunman and the second was just an innocent bystander.
“We need to get him off our streets before he does hurt and kill someone,” Burch said.
Editor’s note: This story originally appeared Sept. 9, 2013.
Arizona's Morning News
- Woman says she pulled daughter out of Hacienda after sex assault
- Phoenix’s Pot of Gold festival offers refunds after Cardi B cancels
- Phoenix-area drivers face morning fog after light but steady rainfall
- Entertainment center with mini-golf, food, drinks, more coming to Phoenix
- Arizona Sen. Carl Hayden’s chair stolen from Phoenix storage unit