“They called him ‘burger,’ that was his nickname. He loved hamburgers.”
James Craig smiles as he talks about his little brother, John.
John was the youngest of five boys raised by a single mom. James said John was a Pop Warner football kid who graduated from Maryvale High School. He also played guitar and was an excellent skate boarder.
“He would go down to the skate park and if he had a trick that he needed to perfect or land, he would not give up until he landed that trick,” said James.
Phoenix Police Sgt. Darrin Burch said John’s life came to a tragic and abrupt end.
“On Sunday, November 11, 2012 at about 3:20 [a.m.], the body of 23-year-old John Manger was found in the roadway at 87th Avenue and Camelback Road.”
It appears he was hit by a vehicle that may have been a 2000 to 2001 metallic dark blue Dodge Dakota pickup.
But investigators believe it may be even more sinister than a hit and run.
“There is evidence at the scene that points to the possibility John may have been targeted,” said Burch.
To read more about this case, click here.
- Get ready for dogs – Phoenix is No. 6 city for pet-friendly vacation spots
- Part of Interstate 10, 17 to be closed during June 22 weekend
- Man shot by Mesa police charged with aggravated assault, other charges
- Hawaii-bound American Airlines flight forced back to Phoenix
- Phoenix needs more bottled water to help battle summer heat