“They called him ‘burger,’ that was his nickname. He loved hamburgers.”
James Craig smiles as he talks about his little brother, John.
John was the youngest of five boys raised by a single mom. James said John was a Pop Warner football kid who graduated from Maryvale High School. He also played guitar and was an excellent skate boarder.
“He would go down to the skate park and if he had a trick that he needed to perfect or land, he would not give up until he landed that trick,” said James.
Phoenix Police Sgt. Darrin Burch said John’s life came to a tragic and abrupt end.
“On Sunday, November 11, 2012 at about 3:20 [a.m.], the body of 23-year-old John Manger was found in the roadway at 87th Avenue and Camelback Road.”
It appears he was hit by a vehicle that may have been a 2000 to 2001 metallic dark blue Dodge Dakota pickup.
But investigators believe it may be even more sinister than a hit and run.
“There is evidence at the scene that points to the possibility John may have been targeted,” said Burch.
To read more about this case, click here.
- Parts of I-10 in Phoenix to be restricted for South Mountain Freeway work
- Phoenix officer injured in off-duty assault; suspect arrested
- Lawyers plead not guilty for suspect in DPS trooper’s fatal shooting
- Visitors at Phoenix Zoo can now see baby giraffe in person
- Downtown Phoenix law school on probation cancels fall classes