It’s 3:15 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2013. A mother is out for a walk with her 2-year-old son. She’s pushing him in a stroller in the neighborhood near 23rd Avenue north of Indian School Road.
“The suspect walked up and grabbed the necklace she had around her neck,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Darren Burch. “He ripped it off her and, for whatever reason, slapped her to the ground.”
The stroller tipped over and the toddler fell to the ground causing the little boy to get a bloody nose and an injury to his head. Burch said there was no need for this kind of brutality.
To read more about this case, click here.
- Phoenix police searching for suspect of 1996 aggravated assault
- Arizona mom pleads not guilty to murder of her two children
- Authorities: Arizona mom tried to shift blame for deaths of children
- Arizona mother charged with murder after two children found dead
- Ex-boyfriend charged with murder of missing Phoenix mother