It’s 3:15 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2013. A mother is out for a walk with her 2-year-old son. She’s pushing him in a stroller in the neighborhood near 23rd Avenue north of Indian School Road.
“The suspect walked up and grabbed the necklace she had around her neck,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Darren Burch. “He ripped it off her and, for whatever reason, slapped her to the ground.”
The stroller tipped over and the toddler fell to the ground causing the little boy to get a bloody nose and an injury to his head. Burch said there was no need for this kind of brutality.
To read more about this case, click here.
- The Latest: Netflix boots Kevin Spacey from ‘House of Cards’
- FBI searching for three suspects in connection to Phoenix bank robbery
- FBI arrest scarf-wearing suspect in at least 16 Phoenix-area robberies
- Authorities make final arrest in death of Border Patrol agent in Arizona
- O.J. Simpson released from prison after serving 9 years for armed robbery