It’s 3:15 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2013. A mother is out for a walk with her 2-year-old son. She’s pushing him in a stroller in the neighborhood near 23rd Avenue north of Indian School Road.
“The suspect walked up and grabbed the necklace she had around her neck,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Darren Burch. “He ripped it off her and, for whatever reason, slapped her to the ground.”
The stroller tipped over and the toddler fell to the ground causing the little boy to get a bloody nose and an injury to his head. Burch said there was no need for this kind of brutality.
To read more about this case, click here.
Arizona's Morning News
- Chandler woman jailed for alleged murder of 4-week-old son
- Woman accused of robbing elderly woman at Fry’s in Phoenix last month
- Stanton responds to union claim that inaction as mayor led to robbery
- Phoenix pharmacy robbed twice in 2 days in 2013
- Congressional candidate, former Mayor Greg Stanton robbed in Phoenix