It’s 3:15 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2013. A mother is out for a walk with her 2-year-old son. She’s pushing him in a stroller in the neighborhood near 23rd Avenue north of Indian School Road.
“The suspect walked up and grabbed the necklace she had around her neck,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Darren Burch. “He ripped it off her and, for whatever reason, slapped her to the ground.”
The stroller tipped over and the toddler fell to the ground causing the little boy to get a bloody nose and an injury to his head. Burch said there was no need for this kind of brutality.
To read more about this case, click here.
- FBI offering $10K reward for info on Phoenix-area robbery suspects
- Arizona-based Massage Envy ‘shaken’ by reported sexual misconduct at spas
- Man accused of assaulting Border Patrol agent in southern Arizona
- FBI looking for two suspects in connection with Phoenix robbery
- The Latest: Netflix boots Kevin Spacey from ‘House of Cards’