Sept. 4? Wow. Where did August go? If you find out, let me know.
Speaking of September, I was looking forward to Sept. 10, so I could get the new iPhone, but Samsung beat Apple to it by unveiling its Galaxy Gear Smartwatch Wednesday. It will officially launch in October and be available in six colors.
It’s got a camera and 4 gigabytes of storage, and it will work with the Galaxy S4 smartphone and tablets (nevermind that almost no one owns a Galaxy tablet).
Here’s how it works: The watch will show a notification that you have an email or a text. You pull out your smartphone and the message, whatever it is, will show up automatically.
If you want to make a call, you can hold the watch up and put it by your ear and tell it to place the call.
You should be able to hear it through the speaker, if all goes as planned.
This will take the distracted driving problem to a new level, I think, and also create a whole new population of people who make phone calls in line at the Safeway.
It won’t be any less annoying, either.
But someone finally beat Apple to the punch and came out with the watch device that Apple has been talking about for a year.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon