Sept. 4? Wow. Where did August go? If you find out, let me know.
Speaking of September, I was looking forward to Sept. 10, so I could get the new iPhone, but Samsung beat Apple to it by unveiling its Galaxy Gear Smartwatch Wednesday. It will officially launch in October and be available in six colors.
It’s got a camera and 4 gigabytes of storage, and it will work with the Galaxy S4 smartphone and tablets (nevermind that almost no one owns a Galaxy tablet).
Here’s how it works: The watch will show a notification that you have an email or a text. You pull out your smartphone and the message, whatever it is, will show up automatically.
If you want to make a call, you can hold the watch up and put it by your ear and tell it to place the call.
You should be able to hear it through the speaker, if all goes as planned.
This will take the distracted driving problem to a new level, I think, and also create a whole new population of people who make phone calls in line at the Safeway.
It won’t be any less annoying, either.
But someone finally beat Apple to the punch and came out with the watch device that Apple has been talking about for a year.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths