Sept. 4? Wow. Where did August go? If you find out, let me know.
Speaking of September, I was looking forward to Sept. 10, so I could get the new iPhone, but Samsung beat Apple to it by unveiling its Galaxy Gear Smartwatch Wednesday. It will officially launch in October and be available in six colors.
It’s got a camera and 4 gigabytes of storage, and it will work with the Galaxy S4 smartphone and tablets (nevermind that almost no one owns a Galaxy tablet).
Here’s how it works: The watch will show a notification that you have an email or a text. You pull out your smartphone and the message, whatever it is, will show up automatically.
If you want to make a call, you can hold the watch up and put it by your ear and tell it to place the call.
You should be able to hear it through the speaker, if all goes as planned.
This will take the distracted driving problem to a new level, I think, and also create a whole new population of people who make phone calls in line at the Safeway.
It won’t be any less annoying, either.
But someone finally beat Apple to the punch and came out with the watch device that Apple has been talking about for a year.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night