3-month-old girl dies after falling into pool in Glendale
PHOENIX — An infant girl died Sunday after reportedly falling into a pool with her father in metro Phoenix several days earlier, authorities said Tuesday.
Officer Tiffany Ngalula with the Glendale Police Department told KTAR News 92.3 FM that the 3-month-old girl was pronounced dead around 11 a.m.
The exact cause of death has not been determined.
No criminal charges have been filed yet. Ngalula said police will continue to investigate.
Ngalula said it could take a few months until autopsy results are available.
Ashley Losch with the Glendale Fire Department told KTAR News that the the incident happened Friday at a home near 59th Avenue and Thunderbird Road.
The girl had pulses when she was taken to the hospital.
The father was not injured.
KTAR News 92.3 FM’s Amy Phol contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Prepare your family for emergencies at your house, especially storms, fires
- Churroholic opens 2nd Arizona location in Tempe Marketplace
- Glendale police release sketch of man suspected of attempted kidnapping
- Silver Alert canceled for 89-year-old Chandler man
- Silver Alert canceled after 88-year-old Phoenix man found safe