New research has found that obesity might not entirely be people’s fault, as a new type of gene was discovered which programs people to eat more.
Fox News Latino reports that the study, which comes soon after obesity was labeled a “disease,” says that being obese might not entirely be due to people’s lack of exercise or eating out all the time.
The study, published in The Journal of Clinical Investigation on Monday, determined that a certain type of the obesity gene FTO makes one in six people hungrier as well as crave more high-fat foods, which therefore increases chances of obesity.
According to the study, two types of FTO genes, a high-risk and a low-risk are passed down from each parent. If a person is found to have two high-risk FTO genes, that person is 70 percent more likely to be obese than those who have a variant of the gene.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.