Dave Ramsey says: Budget-billing for utilities is smart planning
I’m just starting my debt-free journey and trying to lay out a budget.
What are your thoughts on budget billing for utilities?
I think it’s wonderful!
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with it at all. For a lot of folks, especially those in your situation, it helps smooth out utility payments and make them a little more manageable.
In most budget billing scenarios, they add up your utility bill for the last 12 months and divide that total by 12 to determine a fixed billing amount for the next twelve months.
It can make things so much easier when you’re first starting to live on a budget, and you don’t have a lot of wiggle room where your finances are concerned.
I’m glad you’re taking steps to get control of your money, Ryan. You can do this!
- 5 simple habits of the average millionaire you can use
- Dave Ramsey says: Listen to wife, set up emergency fund for retirement
- Let’s figure out if starting a small business is right for you
- Dave Ramsey says: Get certified as buyer before starting house search
- Dave Ramsey says: Paying extra on car loan principal is fast way out of debt