Wreck shuts down I-17 in Phoenix during rush hour Tuesday
PHOENIX — Interstate 17 southbound was closed at Glendale Avenue in Phoenix during rush hour Tuesday evening because of a wreck, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Traffic was backed up significantly at around 5:30 p.m.. About an hour later, ADOT said all lanes except the right one were reopened.
Drivers were advised to avoid the area, delay travel or use alternate routes.
Northbound traffic was not affected.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said it was a three-vehicle accident with a rollover.
There was no information about whether there were any injuries.
Drivers can also get alerts and alternate route notifications via ADOT’s mobile app.
Get the latest KTAR News 92.3 FM traffic alerts sent straight to your phone by texting “TRAFFIC” to 411923.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- I-10 restriction, I-17 ramp closure planned for Thursday night
- ADOT offering temporary IDs online for drivers with suspended licenses
- Watch out for Interstate 10 restrictions in the Valley this weekend
- Online voting underway for 15 finalists in ADOT safety message contest
- Pecos Road intersection closing for 4 months for freeway construction