East Valley charter school evacuated due to smoke
PHOENIX — A charter school in the East Valley was evacuated early Monday after smoke was reported in the building.
The Gilbert Fire Department said in a tweet that crews were on the scene of a school on Gilbert Road and Galveston Street, where Imagine West Gilbert is located.
The department said there was a “light smoke haze” inside the building. The smoke was coming from an air conditioning unit.
It was not immediately known whether there were any injuries.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Man convicted of murder in 2010 killing of Gilbert police lieutenant
- Gilbert creates ‘Game of Thrones’ video to encourage proper recycling
- Valley’s 10th Trader Joe’s set to open Friday in Gilbert
- Arizona charter school legislation likely dead after advancement fails
- University of Arizona set to launch nursing program in Gilbert