Arizona highways set to reopen after being closed for winter
PHOENIX — The state Department of Transportation says the seasonal closings of several Arizona highways for winter will soon end.
Three highways in eastern Arizona’s White Mountains will reopen Monday.
The highways are State Route 261 between Eager and Big Lake, State Route 273 between Sunrise Park and Big Lake, and State Route 473 between State Route 260 and Hawley Lake.
State Route 366 on Mount Graham in southeastern Arizona also is scheduled to open on Monday.
State Route 67 to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon in northern Arizona is expected to reopen in mid-May.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Court records: Border agent in Arizona called migrants ‘subhuman’
- Hacienda sexual assault suspect appeals HIV testing order
- Rain, hail coat parts of metro Phoenix as snow falls up north
- Maricopa County launches annual hot car death awareness campaign
- Springtime snow falls in northern Arizona, bit more likely to come