Man arrested after allegedly firing rifle from Tempe apartment
PHOENIX – A man was arrested Thursday after allegedly firing a rifle from an apartment balcony in what police were calling a domestic violence situation.
Tempe police Sgt. Matt Feddeler said officers responded to calls of shots fired in the area of Rural Road and Southern Avenue around 3:30 p.m.
Witnesses told police that Donald Hall Jr. was arguing with a woman before he came out of the apartment with a rifle and fired several shots in the air.
The woman fled the scene and was not injured. The relationship between Hall and the woman was not immediately known.
Hall refused to leave the apartment until negotiators were able to get him to surrender and took him into custody.
He is being charged with unlawful discharge of a firearm and endangerment.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Tempe police shooting investigation sent to county attorney’s office
- 17 Valley men arrested for child sex crimes in undercover investigation
- Protesters disrupt Tempe City Council meeting over police shooting
- Pregnant woman murdered in Tempe was working as Lyft driver
- Arizona police to re-interview people in teenage boy’s death