LAKE HAVASU CITY, Ariz. — Officials in an Arizona city have hired an auditing firm to oversee local business taxes in a bid to collect more revenue.
Today’s News-Herald reports the Lake Havasu City Council voted unanimously Tuesday to hire Albert Holler & Associates of Gilbert to ensure Havasu businesses are filing accurate and timely returns.
A city official predicts the move could find up to $130,000 in overlooked tax revenue without imposing additional burdens on business owners.
The city collected more than $12 million in total sales taxes in December 2018 compared to $10.7 million the previous year.
Under the terms of the contract, the auditing firm will receive $16,000 this year and an additional $60,000 in 2020.
- How to figure out if you need professional help with your taxes
- University of Arizona set to launch nursing program in Gilbert
- New parking garage in downtown Gilbert opens this weekend
- Gilbert recycling company Footprint wins challenge to reinvent cups
- Gilbert residents can now receive real-time crime info on their phones